Lighting has taken over my life lately. Seriously. Last night I FINALLY made the last lighting purchase for the renovation and thought I’d share my choices with you. There are some pretty good deals here, so if you’re in the market for a sconce or two, check it out.
1. We’ve decided to move our current dining room chandelier into the kitchen so the Jonathan Adler Ventana will take it’s place. I think it’s a beautiful mix of both modern and traditional styling which is the overall look we’re going for.
2. I’m CRAZY about these Cole pendants from Robert Abbey and, if you ask me, they’re a lot of bang for the buck. Two of these will hang above the kitchen island.
3. After scouring every lighting website for good looking, affordable sconces for the bathrooms, I ended up getting all of them from Restoration Hardware. This Cade double sconce will go in the powder room and I’ll hang it horizontally above this mirror.
4. The Thomas O’Brien Ziyi. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it….and I’m really hoping to use it in our living room. It may be a bit too tall for the space (damned 8′ ceilings!) but, ultimately, I think it’ll work.
5. These Keller Sconces are for the master bath. Again, great style and at only $125, super affordable.
6. An RH flush mount for the pantry which I found at the outlet for a steal. Honestly, my first choice was the Basil from Alexa Hampton (here), but I think the RH one will work well and at $150 I couldn’t pass it up. Although….as I’m writing this I’m second guessing myself, of course…. Did I make the right decision? What do you think????
As far as other progress goes, I’m sad to say there really hasn’t been any. We were told that walls were going up last week, then it was supposed to be this week and, sadly, nothing is happening. Needless to say, we’re beyond frustrated. Fingers crossed I’ll have something exciting to show you next week.
Thanks for stopping by today, everyone!
File: Stylish Lighting, Affordable Lighting